About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, AP, India
I used to be a bit of a drifter, still am partly, but life is getting more and more organized recently due to a special someone. I love playing and watching cricket, I have recently realised that I have a very big interest in wildlife and birding. I work for a blue chip company. I am well and truly blessed! No complaints there :)

Friday, April 3, 2009

A magical place with magical instruments - Jantar Mantar

For me personally, the highlight of the Jaipur visit was the time we spent at Jantar Mantar.

The Jantar Mantar is a collection of architectural astronomical instruments, built by Maharaja (Ruler) Jai Singh II at his then new capital of Jaipur between 1727 and 1734. It is modeled after the one that he had built for him at the then Mughal capital of Delhi. He had constructed a total of five such facilities at different locations, including the ones at Delhi and Jaipur. The Jaipur observatory is the largest of these.
An excursion through Jai Singh's Jantar is a unique experience of walking through solid geometry and encountering a collective astronomical system designed to probe the heavens.

I had a whale of a time here shooting some of my best pics of the entire trip. Pristine blue skies finally blessed my quest to do some meaningful photography. I like these pics a lot, hope you do too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment