About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, AP, India
I used to be a bit of a drifter, still am partly, but life is getting more and more organized recently due to a special someone. I love playing and watching cricket, I have recently realised that I have a very big interest in wildlife and birding. I work for a blue chip company. I am well and truly blessed! No complaints there :)

Monday, April 6, 2009

Cricket!

Ranji Trophy: The Ranji Trophy is a domestic first-class cricket championship played in India between different city and state sides, equivalent to the County Championship in England and the Sheffield Shield in Australia.

Mumbai won the 2008-09 season's trophy by 243 runs. I got an opportunity to watch the 3rd day's play with Zaheer getting a 7-wicket haul and Vinayak Samant, the dimunitive Mumbai wicket keeper scoring a fluent hunderd. Also had the pleasure of watching a typical, elegant Wasim Jaffer 50.

Big miss! - Sachin played the match, but could not lay eyes on him even once :(
He was resting his back for the Australia series . . .

Here are some action pics shot with a borrowed 400mm telephoto and 1.4x converter. Thanks to Ashok again for the timely help :)



Since this is the first time I shot a pro match, would love to hear some feedback from you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment