About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, AP, India
I used to be a bit of a drifter, still am partly, but life is getting more and more organized recently due to a special someone. I love playing and watching cricket, I have recently realised that I have a very big interest in wildlife and birding. I work for a blue chip company. I am well and truly blessed! No complaints there :)

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Sunday morning visit to Lotus Pond, Hyderabad.

Lotus Pond is a small water body situated off Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. The pond is surrounded by lush green flora and a 1.2 kilometer path. At the crack of dawn this Sunday I decided to pack up my 170-500 mm Sigma telephoto lens and go look for birds at this place. Thanks to Ashok for pointing this place out to me.

Lotus Pond is home to more than 20 species of birds. A few of them are Pied Kingfisher, White Wagtail, Common Moorhen, Little Grebe, sunbirds, Common Coot, and Little Egret.



The Lotus Pond was conceived to be an Eco-conservation project bringing natural elements into the concept of the project without disturbing the ecosystem and conserving the natural rocks and pond. The launch of the construction of the project was on on 20 November, 1999. The work was completed in late 2001. I was surprised to see this pond so well maintained by the Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad(MCH).

I would highly recommend nature lovers to visit this place in search of beauty and quiet. Here's its exact location:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment