About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, AP, India
I used to be a bit of a drifter, still am partly, but life is getting more and more organized recently due to a special someone. I love playing and watching cricket, I have recently realised that I have a very big interest in wildlife and birding. I work for a blue chip company. I am well and truly blessed! No complaints there :)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lotus Pond again - rain et al

This Sunday I woke up fairly early to head to Manjeera Reservoir to see if I could get some river terns in action. However, heavy overnight rain and constant drizzling early morning put paid to my plans. I did wake up at 5 feeling gung-ho about my plan, but the roads were just too wet for me to attempt the ~50 km 1-way drive to Manjeera Reservoir. So decided to fall back on Lotus Pond and this time went a bit earlier in the morning that I usually do. I was not let down at all! I saw some white throated KFs fairly close, also got to see purple moor hen chicks. Even managed a neat shot of a Pied KF with a backdrop of flowers. So, here goes . . .



Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment